Star Wars Han Solo Spin-Off Actor On The Impact Of Director Swap

By On 9 Jan, 2018 At 08:07 AM | Categorized As Gamespot | With 0 Comment

When Ron Howard took over directorial duties from Chris Miller and Phil Lord on the upcoming Star Wars spin-off Solo: A Star Wars Story in June last year, it was reported that there were only a few weeks of principal photography remaining. However, Howard continued to film for another four months, leading to rumors that he was was reshooting the majority of the movie.

Now Lando actor Donald Glover has commented on the issue and stated that despite the lengthy production, little about the film altered after Howard came on board. “It didn’t really [change],” he said during the Television Critics Association press tour. “I think we were never faced with anything like that and [Howard] did a good job of coming in and didn’t want us to change what we were doing at all. He wanted us to be comfortable with our vision.”

No Caption Provided

Glover also spoke his excitement about being on the Solo set, and hinted at one of the moments that Howard directed him in. “I remember going on set one of the first times. He was like, ‘Yeah, I want to follow you onto the Millennium Falcon and do this thing. I was like, ‘I don’t think I’ve ever seen the outside go into the inside.’ He said, ‘Yeah, no one’s ever don’t that shot.’ As a fan I was really excited. I know there’s been a lot of talk in the press about this movie, but, for me anyway, it was a dream and also it looks really cool to me.”

Glover isn’t the first Solo actor to deny that a lot of the movie was reshot. In November, Thandie Newton stated that, “Ninety percent of my stuff is with [Lord and Miller]. And it certainly wasn’t about, ‘Oh we have to start again and do it all over.'”

Nevertheless, the scale of the reshoots meant that at least one role had to be recast, with Paul Bettany replacing Michael K. Williams. Bettany himself commented in the issue recently, and said that Howard “reshot a lot more than was originally intended.”

Last week, Howard tweeted a new image from the movie. As with most of pictures that the director has released it doesn’t reveal much, but it does suggest that Han might pilot a new vehicle–possibly some form of speeder.

Solo: A Star Wars Story stars Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo and Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca. Woody Harrelson, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Emilia Clarke also star. It hits theaters on May 25, 2018.

Powered by WPeMatico

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)

About -

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.